ARTICLE I - NAME
The name of the organization shall be "The Beavercreek Piano Teachers Association"
ARTICLE II - PURPOSE
- The Association shall bring together teachers for regular group study of piano pedagogy and provide teacher-oriented programs.
- The Association shall encourage its teachers to seek opportunities for their students to have music experiences beyond their private lessons.
- The Association shall promote a dignified relationship between students, other teachers, and the public.
ARTICLE III - MEMBERSHIP
Section I - Requirements for membership
- Prospective members shall be active in the profession of teaching piano. They must be willing to contribute their time and talent to the organization.
Section II - Maintenance of membership
- Members shall pay annual dues at or before the November meeting of each year as stipulated under Article IV of these By-laws. Failure to do so will delete their names from the membership list.
- Members who discontinue teaching piano shall remain eligible for membership in the Association.
ARTICLE IV - DUES
- The annual dues shall be payable to BPTA and given to the Treasurer at or before the November meeting. New members shall pay their annual dues upon acceptance into the membership.
- Dues shall be changed at a regularly scheduled meeting. Passage shall be by a majority vote.
- The fiscal year shall end with the last Association meeting of the year.
ARTICLE V - MEETINGS
- Monthly meetings of the Association shall be held during the school year.
ARTICLE VI - OFFICERS AND COMMITTEES
Section I - Election of Officers
- A Nominating Committee composed of two members shall prepare a slate of officers, nominated from the floor, to be presented at the April meeting. Election of officers shall be at this meeting.
- Newly elected officers shall assume their duties at the close of the final meeting of the term. Any officer may be re-elected.
Section II - Duties of Officers
The officers of the Association and their duties shall be as follows:
President: The President shall preside at all meetings of the Association and have general authority over the affairs of the Association. The president will also serve as the contact person for the organization.
Vice-President: The Vice-President shall preside in the absence of the President. The Vice-President shall also be responsible for all correspondence pertaining to Association business.
Secretary: The Secretary shall keep the minutes of all meetings and maintain an attendance record for each member by name.
Treasurer: The Treasurer shall receive all moneys due the Association and shall be custodian of all funds. She shall pay such bills as are approved by the officers. She shall present a report at all meetings and a full report at the end of the Association year.
Section III - Vacancies in Office
- When vacancies occur in an elective office, such vacancies shall be filled by the President for the remainder of the term, subject to ratification by the membership at the next regular meeting.
Section IV - Standing Committees
The Association shall assign individuals to the following positions to carry out duties as needed:
- Welcome & Remember
- Church-Piano Liaison
- 'Lyrics' Newsletter and Roster
ARTICLE VII - AMENDMENTS
These By-laws may be amended at any regular meeting of the Association by a 2/3 vote of the members present, provided the proposed amendment has been read before the Association.
- Original By-laws were accepted on September 12, 1977
- Revisions were accepted on December 9, 1983
- Revisions were accepted on December 13, 1985
- Revisions were accepted on October 12, 2005